What help can I get if I have a long-term health condition?
- examples of some common long-term health conditions are: diabetes, cancer, arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, heart disease, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), and chronic fatigue syndrome
- it is important to look after your general health and your mental health when you have a long-term health condition
- living with a long-term health condition can impact negatively on your mental wellbeing
- you may feel out of control, nervous and worried; you may also feel low in confidence about dealing with your difficulties or adjusting your everyday life around the long-term health condition
- we can help you to increase your confidence whilst living with your long-term health condition as well as assist you in managing your mood