Please note that our COVID-19 (coronavirus) safety measures include:
- All assessments take place over the phone
- Therapy sessions will take place over the phone and/or via Skype
- Group sessions have been paused
We apologise for the inconvenience, but this measure is essential to minimise social contact and ensure the safety of our clients and our staff. Click to read the full details of our measures.
Who can use the service?
Everyone goes through difficult times; sometimes our problems affect our day-to-day lives and we feel that we can’t cope. If you are in this situation, you are not alone.
We can help you if you are experiencing common issues such as:
- low mood
- bereavement or loss
- relationship difficulties
- family problems
Medway Talking Therapies is a free and confidential service, commissioned by the NHS, and is available to anyone aged 18+ and registered with a Medway GP. If you are being supported by a mental health professional, please talk with your practitioner about whether our service would be suitable for your needs and share this with us when you contact our service.
The service is delivered by Insight Healthcare, North Kent Mind, and Ieso Digital Health.
How do I arrange an appointment?
Please fill in the self-referral form below, or you can ask your GP for a referral.
Once we have received the referral, a member of the administration team will contact you to arrange an appointment. Please note that it is our usual policy to withhold telephone numbers when we call you.
Where does the therapy take place?
Your therapy might be provided in the following ways:
- Face-to-face – in GP surgeries and various health and community venues throughout Medway
- On the telephone – telephone appointments are arranged so that we can phone you at a convenient time for you.
- Online via Ieso Digital Health – this is one-to-one cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) delivered in real time over the internet.
Online CBT with Ieso is exactly the same as face to face CBT, other than that the conversation is typed on your computer. You’re still in a one-to-one conversation with a fully qualified therapist, usually for 60 minutes. The only difference is that you type your responses. Therapy is available 7 days a week, at a time to suit you including the evenings and all that is required is a PC, tablet or smartphone. Evidence shows that just as many people feel better after having CBT online as they do face-to-face. Click here for more information about Ieso (PDF, 114kB).
Tel: 0300 029 3000 (local rate)
Fax: 0300 029 0000
We are not a crisis service. In the event of an emergency, if you are unable to keep yourself safe, you should do one of the following:
- Contact your GP
- Call the local NHS crisis team on 0300 222 0123 (24/7 support)
- Call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free, 24/7 telephone support)
- Text SHOUT to 85258 (free, 24/7 support via text)
- Monday – Thursday: 9.00am-5.30pm
- Friday: 9.00am-5.00pm
Any calls or emails which are received between 9.00am and 5.00pm on a working day will be dealt with as soon as possible; outside of these hours your email will be dealt with as soon as possible the following working day.
Appointments are available Monday to Friday during working hours. We also offer some flexibility within Medway for evening and weekend appointments.