Please note that our COVID-19 (coronavirus) safety measures include:
- All assessments take place over the phone
- Therapy sessions will take place over the phone and/or via Skype
- Group sessions have been paused
We apologise for the inconvenience, but this measure is essential to minimise social contact and ensure the safety of our clients and our staff. Click to read the full details of our measures.
Who can use the service?
Everyone goes through difficult times; sometimes our problems affect our day-to-day lives and we feel that we can’t cope. If you are in this situation, you are not alone.
Insight talking therapies is a free and confidential service, commissioned by the NHS, and is available to anyone aged 18+ and living in Nottingham City.
How do I arrange an appointment?
Please fill in the self-referral form below, or you can ask your GP for a referral.
Once we have received the referral, a member of the administration team will contact you to arrange an appointment. Please note that it is our usual policy to withhold telephone numbers when we call you.
Where does the therapy take place?
We can provide therapy in a venue that is convenient and local to you – we can offer face to face meetings in a range of community venues as well as GP surgeries. We are also able to offer telephone therapy where this is convenient.
Employment support service
We also offer free, confidential employment support for people who are accessing talking therapies from us. Our Employment Advisers can help if you are:
- Unemployed and seeking new opportunities
- Employed and want to change job
- Experiencing problems at work, such as unfair treatment, discrimination, or bullying
- Facing redundancy
- Looking for careers advice or thinking of a career change
- Struggling to get the right support at work
Download our employment support leaflet (PDF, 2MB) or speak to your therapist if you would like to know more.
Tel: 0300 555 5582 (local rate)
We are not a crisis service. In the event of an emergency, if you are unable to keep yourself safe, you should do one of the following:
– Call the local NHS crisis team on 0300 300 0065 (24/7 support)
– Call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free, 24/7 telephone support)
– Text SHOUT to 85258 (free, 24/7 support via text)
– Contact your GP
- Monday to Thursday: 8.00am-8.00pm (self-referral line open 8.00am-6.00pm)
- Friday: 8.00am-5.00pm (self-referral line open 8.00am-4.00pm)
Any emails received during our open hours will be dealt with as soon as possible. Outside of these hours, your email will be dealt with as soon as possible the following working day.