What is computerised cognitive behavioural therapy (CCBT)?
- It is a self-help interactive computer program, which will guide you through the principles of cognitive behavioural therapy over a course of 6-10 weeks. The computer program is practical and user friendly.
How do I access it?
- You will first need an assessment with one of our therapists. You will have an opportunity to talk about your difficulties and what your goals are. During your assessment you will be able to discuss treatment options with your therapist, where you may both decide that CCBT is best suited to your needs. You will then be given an appointment for CCBT as soon as one becomes available.
- It is accessed over the internet using your own unique log-in and password.
- You do not need to be computer literate but you will need to have access to the internet via a computer at least once a week.
Who supports me?
- A Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner can support you weekly via the telephone
What are the benefits?
- It can teach you techniques to change unhelpful thinking and unhelpful behaviours that are maintaining your current difficulties
- It can reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You can develop your own therapy skills in your own time and space
- It is evidenced base and is a recommended intervention by the NICE Guidelines (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence)