Salary: £23,520 – £37,122 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, permanent
Location: Chatham, Kent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced accredited Counsellor to join our multi-disciplinary team at our Medway Talking Therapies service. As a valued member of the team, you will use your skills and expertise to deliver counselling to our clients across a range of issues including low mood, depression, anxiety, stress, bereavement, loss, family/relationship problems and many more. Your recovery and outcome rates will reflect your ability to build a successful therapeutic relationship with our clients and go the extra mile to achieve the right outcomes for them.
Working in a variety of community venues, you will receive excellent support and clinical supervision from your line manager and our experienced clinicians to enable you to further develop your professional skills. If you think you would enjoy working in an IAPT service as part of a team that supports you to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients, we would love to hear from you.
You will be joining Insight Healthcare, which is a highly regarded, national organisation and an experienced provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. The Medway Team is a friendly, caring team that offers assessment, high and low intensity interventions and counselling across the area. As a key member of the team you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission, and be committed to our core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation
We would love to hear from you if you:
- BACP/UKCP accredited
- Have a NICE compliant qualification, i.e. Counseling for Depression / IPT / DIT
- Experienced in delivering short term counselling therapy
- Able to work with individuals experiencing mild to severe depression, including complex and risk clients
- Able to demonstrate IAPT experience or experience of working in a target focused environment
- Able to build strong therapeutic relationships with clients
- An enthusiastic team player, hard-working and organized
- Able to prioritize and manage own workload
- Motivated to provide high quality therapies to the residents of Medway
What we offer in return:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and clinical supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- Discounted gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For further information, please call Mona Stylianou (Clinical Lead) on 0300 029 3000, who will be happy to help.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to HR Department, Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. This will be sent from email@example.com. To avoid missing our emails, please add this email address to your “safe list” to prevent it being caught by any spam filters and also regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th February 2020
Interview dates are to be confirmed
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.