Employment Advisor – Medway Talking Therapies
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term for 6 months
Salary: Band C (£19,695 – £26,260 per annum)
Location: Several community venues across the Medway area
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed and supportive individual to join our Medway Talking Therapies service as an Employment Advisor. In this role, you will be providing employment support within our IAPT service, ensuring we offer an integrated employment and therapy service which provides the best possible outcome for our client’s long-term recovery.
As an Employment Advisor, you will work as part of our supportive team to provide integrated individual packages of psychological therapy and employment support to people with common mental health problems who are:
- Struggling at work
- Wanting to retain their employment
- Exchange employment for another more suitable role
- Return to employment from a period of sickness absence from work
- Access employment for the first time or after a substantial period of absence from the labour market
Our Medway team is creative and innovative, providing free support to people struggling with common issues such as depression, anxiety, bereavement or family problems. We are passionate about our dedicated to improving the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. This service is primarily provided by Insight Healthcare, which is a highly regarded national organisation and an experienced provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. Our values are consistent with the NHS values and underpin everything we do to support our clients.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission, and be committed to our core values which are at the heart of everything we do. As a key member of our team, you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience working in metal health or social care sector
- Are flexible in your approach to work
- Are able to work independently and as part of a team
- Are able to work within time frames
- Have excellent communication skills
As a requirement of the role you will also need to be able to travel to multiple community venues throughout the Medway area to meet the demands of the service. This is possible with public transport, so a driving licence is not essential. Additional hours may occasionally be required to meet organisational deadlines.
In return, we will offer you:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to Apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For more information about this role, please call Hayden Paterson (Senior Employment Advisor) on 0300 029 3000, who will be happy to help.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to email@example.com or via post to Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd June 2019
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 2nd July 2019
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.