You will be joining Insight Healthcare which is a highly regarded, national not for profit organisation and an experienced provider of talking therapy services on behalf of the NHS. The service in Kent is well established offering high and low intensity interventions and counselling across the area. As a key member of the team you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
The service is now seeking to recruit Trainee High Intensity Therapists to join the existing team. Please note this is a 12 months Fixed Term Contract, with the possibility of appointment to a permanent HI Trained Therapist post (Band D, £32, 320) on successful completion of the course.
Insight would like to hear from you if you:
- Are an inspirational team player with excellent communication skills and able to work collaboratively
- Have a professional registered qualification in health care, preferably at graduate level, (psychology, nursing, social work and allied health professionals), or a qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner with at least two years’ experience. For more details of core professions see http://www.babcp.com/Accreditation/Core-Profession.aspx
- Able to work to deliver required performance targets.
- Committed to improving access to psychological therapies in Kent and Medway
Please note that applicants from Psychological Wellbeing Practioners musty demonstrate at ;east two years post-graduate experience. We support the fair chance initiative for applicants without IAPT experience.
Eligibility for this training post:
Candidates should have a BABCP recognised core professional training and provide qualification and registration documents as proof at group interview. These professions include:
- Psychology – 1st degree plus a post-graduate qualification (MSc or Doctorate) in an applied area such as clinical, educational, counselling, health psychology (forensic if has applied content). HPC Registered as Practitioner Psychologist (HPC registration alone insufficient)
- Registered Nurse – Mental Health (RMN), Learning Disability etc. (general nursing and enrolled nursing is insufficient)
- Medicine – Psychiatric and General Practitioner MBChB or MBBS and usually PG training with membership of MRCGP, MRCP or MRCPsych
- Occupational Therapy – BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, MSc Occupational Therapy, or Dip C.O.T and HPC Registered
- Arts Therapist (HPC Registered)
- Counselling – Accredited with the BACP, COSCA, or FDAP (NCAC), or Registered Member CPC
- Social Work – CQSW, DipSW or BA/BSc Hons Social Work
- Probation Services – DipPS
- Teacher of Special Education/Needs – Cert Ed CertEd, B.Ed, or BA/BSc with PGCE, plus additional specialist training in Special Education, with additional counselling / psychotherapy training
Candidates who do not have a BABCP recognised core professional training can apply if they meet the BABCP Knowledge Skills and Attitude criteria.
The individual’s will be supported by a High Intensity Team Leader and Clinical Lead and should be committed to their own professional development.
In return Insight offers:
- 27 days annual leave (rising with length of service) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- A comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training, development, supervision and case management
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay and salary sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service benefits
- Car lease scheme
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th December 2018
Individual interviews are expected to be held in January 2019
The Job Pack, which provides more information, can be downloaded.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and return to HR Department, Buttress House, Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6DS or via email to email@example.com
If you would like further details about the role or would like to discuss whether to apply, please contact Gemma Sumner on 0300 555 5555
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date if a large volume of applications are received.