Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term for 12 months, beginning March 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for passionate individuals to join our friendly team in Calderdale as Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners. This is the perfect opportunity to further develop in your career, studying alongside other Low Intensity Trainees, with an organisation that is recognised for developing individuals and has an excellent reputation at both a local and national level.
We have a strong reputation for professional development and you will be fully supported to develop your clinical skills whilst you study for your post graduate Low Intensity Course. Studying at Manchester University for part of the week, and spending the remaining days with us, complimenting your learning, and developing your skills through the delivery of low intensity interventions, and comprehensive psychological assessments, to support our wide range of clients. The role will also include signposting and referral onto other organisations including secondary care services.
To succeed in this role, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience of working with people to improve their mental health and wellbeing. You will also be educated to degree level preferably in a related field (e.g. psychology).
You will be joining Insight Healthcare, which is a highly regarded, national organisation and an experienced provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. Our friendly and professional Calderdale team offer high and low intensity interventions and counselling across the area and are one of the leading IAPT services in the new IAPT-LTC programme. As a key member of the team you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission, and be committed to our core values which are at the heart of everything we do. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
Please note that this is a 1 year fixed term contract, with the possibility of appointment to a permanent Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner post (Band C) on successful completion of the course.
We would love to hear from you if you are able to demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of working with people who have suffered with a mental health problem
- Degree educated ideally in a related field (e.g. psychological or behavioural science)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Able to work to required performance targets
- Committed to improving access to psychological therapies in the Calderdale area
- Able to attend a University course provided by Manchester University
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service and client need
In return, we will offer you:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and clinical supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- Discounted gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply:
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form.
For further information, please call Rebecca Hughes, Service Lead or Holly Asquith, PWP Team lead on 0300 555 0191, who will be happy to help you.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to email@example.com or via post to Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. This will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. To avoid missing our emails, please add this email address to your “safe list” to prevent it being caught by any spam filters and also regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 10th October 2019
1st stage interviews will be held on 12th and 14th November, successful candidates will be invited to a 2nd interview on the 19th November. Candidates must be available to attend both interviews
This post is subject to a DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.