Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Salary: £19,650 – £22,220
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term for 12 months, beginning April 2020
Location: Medway Talking Therapies (Chatham, Kent)
Due to the continuing expansion of our Psychological Therapy and IAPT Services Insight Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for 4 Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to join our well established and highly regarded Medway team.
We have a strong reputation for professional development and you will be fully supported to develop your clinical skills whilst you study for your Low Intensity Course. Studying at Surrey University for 2 days per week you will spend the remaining three days with us, complimenting your learning, and developing your skills through the delivery of low intensity interventions, and comprehensive psychological assessments, to support our wide range of clients. The role will also include signposting and referral onto other organisations including secondary care services.
We are looking to recruit high quality calibre trainee PWP’s who have excellent interpersonal skills with experience in mental health. In return, we will provide opportunities for trainees to work alongside our highly qualified staff, to include CBT therapists, EMDR therapists, and Counsellors.
The Medway team is part of Insight Healthcare, which is a highly regarded, national, not for profit organisation and an experienced provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. We are a fantastic team to work for, combining a dedication to improving individuals’ mental wellbeing with expertise, and a strong values base, which is evident in everything we do. As a key member, you will be valued for your contribution in maintaining Insight’s excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop in your career, studying alongside other Low Intensity Trainees, with an organisation that is recognised for developing individuals and has an excellent reputation at both a local and national level.
Please note that this is a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract, with the possibility of appointment to a permanent Qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Post (on successful completion of the course.
We would love to hear from you if you are able to demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of working with people who have suffered with a mental health problem
- Have a degree in Psychology – the course is a post-graduate course
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Able to work to required performance targets
- Committed to improving access to psychological therapies in the Medway area
- Able to attend a University course
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service and client need
What we offer in return:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and clinical supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- Discounted gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply
The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description, person specification and application form. For further information, please call Adam Dawes (PWP Team Leader) or Karen Abel (Service Lead) on 0300 029 3000, who will be happy to help.
To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Buttress House, 36 Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Tyne and Wear, NE13 6DS.
Please note, all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. This will be sent from email@example.com. To avoid missing our emails, please add this email address to your “safe list” to prevent it being caught by any spam filters and also regularly check your Junk Mail folders.
The closing date for applications Tuesday 26th November 2019
Interviews are expected to be held 10th, 11th and 12th December 2019
The successful applicant will need to be available from April 2020
This post is subject to a DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.